In this section of the website, we’ve highlighted a few of the largest ministries that are organized at Bay Area Church of Christ. These are listed in the navigation menu above, and you can click to a page about each of them. But there are actually many ministries–many ongoing acts of service to those within the church and to the community of which we’re a part. Everyone is welcome to join in these activities that are available to you:
• Benevolence – Supplying those in need
• Christians in Action (CIA) – Campus ministry at USF
• Children’s Ministry – Teaching our children about God’s love and his word
• Community Outreach – Reaching out to residents in our community
• Education – Bible classes from infants to seniors
• Fall Festival – October celebration for children
• First Friday Men’s Prayer Night – Extended prayer session for men
• Food Pantry – Collection and distribution of food
• Ladies’ Retreats – Exciting weekends of encouragement and insight
• Ladies’ Class – Special fellowship, study, and service
• Lads to Leaders – Fun Christian training for young people
• Landscaping – Keeping the building looking great
• Men’s Retreats – Special weekends of spiritual growth
• Proclaim – Singing group that performs at special events
• SEWA – India Missions
• Small Groups – Fellowship groups meeting in homes around the Bay Area
• Technical Support – Technology services for assembly and other activities
• Visitation – Personal contacts for encouragement
• Welcome – Greeting and serving guests
• Youth Group – Dynamic Christian activities for teens
The world is rapidly changing, with every tick of seconds turning into minutes. Changes are many and abrupt. To be relevant to our culture, we can’t dismiss their behavior, ideologies and feelings as being “all bad.” We also cannot embrace every act of individualistic expression falsely labeled as a gift from God for essential spiritual and social freedoms. Our intention at the B.A.Y. is to redirect our efforts to disciple Youth. The goal is to begin with Scripture as the formative principle in breaking down the influence of the world, as we build disciples who multiply the influence, because they are truly walking, learning from and being transformed by Christ.
To enhance the current ministries and build additional ministries for Bay Area Women to grow spiritually while serving, teaching, and edifying one another. B.A.L.M. gives sisters an opportunity to share their talents and abilities to strengthen the kingdom of God at Bay Area and in the community. Sisters of all ages are encouraged to be involved in areas that are of interest to them.
Food Ministry serves the body by providing meals to the sick, shut-in, new mothers, and families in bereavement.
What is Leprosy Sewa?
Leprosy Sewa means “leprosy mission” or literally “to be serving the Lepers.” Many people in India are affected by this pitiful disease. Once a person contracts leprosy, if the proper treatment is not taken immediately, the disease slowly takes over the entire body. Various organizations and individuals have established leprosy colonies. The lepers have established some colonies spontaneously. When these people had nowhere to go, they decided to create a colony of their own. Of course, regardless of who establishes the colony, lepers are expected to live on the outskirts of the city, just as Bible days.
Every Sunday morning, you’ll find a clean, well-staffed nursery for infants and toddlers up to 2 years old.
Sunday School, which begins at 10:00 am, includes Bible classes for all ages.
During both the 8:30 am and 11:00 am worship services, a Bible Hour is led for children in 2nd grade and younger. At Bible Hour, children enjoy Bible related stories, songs, games, and activities.
If you are interested in helping with our Children’s Ministry or have questions, please contact our Children’s Minster Angela Manley at or (813) 689-9620.
Christians In Action (CIA) are young people seeking to glorify God by sharing their faith in Jesus Christ, with encouragement and love through the strength and power of God. It is our hope and prayer that we would reflect the love of Jesus Christ by living out His purpose, according to His Word.
We grow closer to God and each other through worship time, Bible Studies, activities, retreats, mission trips, and friendships.
CIA is an organization for young adults who:
Want to experience the life-changing relationship of Jesus Christ
Want to be together having fun and meeting new people
Want to serve others
Bay Area Groups provide a relaxed environment where you can build lifelong friendships!
Bay Area Groups provide a comfortable opportunity for you to grow spiritually no matter where you are now.
Bay Area Groups enable you to experience the joy of being a part of the Church Family.